Flogging Franklstein

History doesn't repeat itself. You repeat History.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Monday, August 01, 2005

Forgetting to Blog and Poker

Sorry I have been neglecting this, my loyal readers (all one-half of you.)

OK. I am doing something I never thought I would do - play poker. I got introduced to Texas Hold'em on Memorial Day, when outdoor activities were cancelled due to rain. So I played in a hold'em tourney with nine of the other guests. Todd geve me a brief lesson, and we were off. I ended up winning 2nd place and $30 - which I attribute to beginners luck.

Anyway, I was digging the game because, unlike other poker parties I have been to - where they play all kinds of weird games, this game I can understand. I started reading and playing for free on the internets, and winning (which doesn't mean diddly-squat, since people will do wild things when they aren't losing anything.) The point of playing the free games for me was to see if I could follow what I have learned from the books I have read. So far I think I can do ok OK the real money tables. It is now time to find out.

Oh, and if you want to read a funny blog that centers around poker, you need to read the Tao of Poker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home