Flogging Franklstein

History doesn't repeat itself. You repeat History.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Monday, August 15, 2005

Well, It's Official

I now officially work for Sprint (or, if you will, Sprint - Together With Nextel.) Needless to say, I am less than enthused.

We had a web cast to "celebrate" the completion of the merger. I didn't go. To me, there is nothing to celebrate. I don't know if I am going to have a job in the future. I don't know if my vacation time (20 days) is going to be reduced. I am going to lose my free phone. I am not going to get any more stock options. What the hell is there to celebrate?

It was cool getting into a company that had an entrepreneurial spirit. I saw the company gradually corporatize as it climbed up the ladder. Yet I didn't lose any of the real benefits. Nextel was the best company I ever worked for. I doubt Sprint will be the same. *SIGH*

They did give us a chocolate waterfall to "celebrate". I dunked some banana chunks. We also got the "casual weeks" bone thrown at us - shorts the rest of the month. (Casual day is much better in the summer. I don't think it is a big deal in the winter, because jeans are actually more uncomfortable than slacks.) And I got a neat pen, a pretty cool portfolio, and a stupid t-shirt that I probably will use to sop up beer I drool over myself.

Ah well. See ya Nextel - it was nice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cosmic said...

Mmmmm chocolate waterfall! Was it big enough to dance in??? : )

I like yer bloggy blog Frankllllll!

Thanks for sharing it! -CD

8/27/2005 4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have forgotten how funny you are. Reading the Nextel-Sprint post brought it all back in a hurry.

9/23/2005 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home