Flogging Franklstein

History doesn't repeat itself. You repeat History.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Friday, March 10, 2006

BONUS DAY!!!

Yup. Today I got my bonus. My plan this year is (was?) to jump the Windows ship and buy the new MacBook Pro with the bonus money.

As is usual when it comes time to make a big purchase, I get all nervous, depressed, and jittery. In this case, the MacBook will be taking all of my bonus. Giving up my bonus in one fell swoop is not an easy thing for me to do. Granted, the bonus money goes away eventually. (A trip to Hawaii and a new stereo have been bonus purchases in the past. But those didn't take my whole bonus.)

I guess I need to do what I always end up doing: get drunk, make the purchase, and then regret it. Yeah. That's what I am going to do.

Here are three thoughts I had last night while playing poker:

--Stop limping into pots, idiot. RAISE!!!

--Stop not betting because you don't want to drop from 9100 to 8100. 9000 is just a number, and not enough to win the tournament. THINK you jackass.

--Is it me, or do aces show up in the flop and after more often at Poker Stars than should be possible? I have been playing Full Tilt lately, and I don't see nearly the Aces I do at Poker Stars. Does anyone know what the odds (or percentage) of an Ace showing up in the flop and after?

And finally, for my only regular reader, here is a hottie pic for Roger:

 Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely STELLAR photo. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

3/16/2006 12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, from what I hear, you did exactly what you said you were going to do...get drunk and THEN make your big purchase. I like a man of his word. I do hope, however, you're not regretting it. Apple Men are real men.

P.S. That really is one spectacular "Roger" pic. Nice!

3/16/2006 4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO you bought it, eh? Nice! You are one psyched camper, or, you will be after you've played with it for awhile. Congrats man. When you buying a Pod?

3/17/2006 8:28 AM  
Blogger Easycure said...

Nice pic!

3/24/2006 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home