Flogging Franklstein

History doesn't repeat itself. You repeat History.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I Love My New MacBook

I finally received my MacBook Pro. It's all nice, big and shiny. It shipped two weeks sooner than I thought Apple said it would, and I received it Monday morning.

I am still working to figure out what it can do. This is my first Mac experience, and the switch from Windows to OS X is a little weird. I am getting the hang of it though. The hardest part is converting all the keyboard shortcuts I am used to using on Windows. Fortunately Jimmy is an old Mac pro, and had been helping me out.

My new laptop is fast and works great. The day I received it I was working from home on the piece-of-shit ThinkPad Sprint provides me. I was able to hook up to my wireless effortlessly with the MacBook (The initial setup on the ThinkPad was a bitch to get working.) And, while the wireless connection would periodically drop on the ThinkPad, I have yet to have a problem with the MacBook. And at work the next day, I was able to just plug into the network and go. No configuration required. It is just as my friends told me it would be.

The next step is to see what I can do with it. I can't play on Poker Stars, but Full Tilt has a Mac client I want to test. I can't find anywhere on the internets whether Full Tilt runs well on the Intel chips, so I guess I will have to be the guinea pig. Microsoft has no current plans to create Virtual PC for the new Intel Macs, so until Poker Stars makes a Mac client, I guess I will have to play there on my old computer.

Now I need to buy some toys to go with my baby. I need to buy a carrying case. I am going to look for a good backpack style of bag. I also want to get a keyboard cover (which is actually a screen protector that goes over the keyboard before you close the cover.) I want to get a couple of games for it, perhaps jumping on the World of Warcraft bandwagon now that I have a computer that will run it.

I have been a bit remiss in posting lately. I never gave my review of the latest DSO show. And I didn't rant about the new smoking ban. Maybe later (or maybe not.)

I also got pink eye last week. That sort of sucked.

Here is a hottie picture for Roger: (I hope it turns out. I had been using Hello to post my photos because they would post a little bigger, and you could click on them for an even larger version. Hello doesn't work on the Mac.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It works, You are DA MAN!!!!

4/06/2006 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home