Flogging Franklstein

History doesn't repeat itself. You repeat History.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

OW!

I hurt my back Saturday. I hurt it bad. Almost as bad as when I originally threw it out in 2001.

How did I do it? I bent over to empty an ashtray. This was just about an hour before my buddy Rick was supposed to pick me up for the Mammoth playoff game. I almost didn't go to the game, because I knew that it would get worse than the normal tweaking I occasionally get.

"So why did you go, dumbass?" Good question. Da_Pickl, the person of account for our six season tickets was out of town. He had mailed Andy and DJ their tickets before he left. Unfortunately, they didn't arrive in time for the game. Da_Pickl and his password was unreachable, so Plan D was for Andy and DJ to buy the crappiest tickets possible, and then I would stub them up into club level. Unbeknownst to me, plan C ended up working, and I didn't need to go.

(Well that was a good ramble.) Anyway, my back didn't hurt that bad until I started walking from the parking lot to the arena. The standing and walking caused my back to go into spasm. I had to lean on Rick a few times as we approached the arena. I barely made it to my seat.

The game was awesome. The Mammoth are now in the finals (WOO HOO!!!) Afterward, I was sitting out in the smoking area, waiting for the crowd to disperse. I was talking to one of the employees at the Pepsi Center, and she said that I could get wheelchaired out of there. I knew it would be embarrassing, but the pain was so bad that I readily agreed. And that is what happened. They were really nice about it.

Anyway, I finally saw the doctor yesterday. He gave me a prescription for Vicodin and a soma muscle relaxer. The Doc also put me on the massage table. That was awesome. I may have to go back and get that done again.

I am walking around like the old man from scene 24. I can't stand up straight, and when I sorta of try to, my upper body is like two inches to the right of my hips. Fortunately it doesn't hurt to drive. I was able to drive to work and retrieve my laptop so I could work from home.

Big BIG thanks to Da_Pickl who drove me to the doctor, to the grocery store, and then to the bar yesterday. I am good to go here at home for the rest of the week.

(I just re-read what I wrote above. God it's ugly. It must be the muscle relaxants talking.)

Anyway, here is a hottie picture for Roger.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear the news my friend, that is brutal. Call me if I can be of assistance. I just turned in my 4th of 5 papers due this week and am gearing up for finals. Start time of 7:30am Monday.....this pic will help me through the madness, it is by far the best of the bunch. Many, many thanks!!!!

5/05/2006 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home